|LANGUAGE OF THE UNION||· Part XVII – Art (343 – 351)
· Hindi- ‘Devanagari script’
· Numerals – Indian nomenclature.
· English for 15 years but not by official language act 1965 can be used further.
Regional Language – Stated may adopt – any language or Hindi as official Lang.
· English – Center – state lang. for non-Hindi state.
· State – state lang. – for Hindi states – Interstate & national both Hindi + translation copy in English.
· If POI, satisfy with max use of any lang. can be recognised as state language.
|LANGUAGE OF THE JUDICIARY AND TEXTS OF LAWS||· Until Parl. provides
· English Language:
1. All proceedings in the Supreme Court and in every high court.
2. The authoritative texts of all bills, acts, ordinances, orders, rules, regulations and bye-laws at the Central and state levels.
|Protection of Minorities Language||· Any grievance, in Hindi only or state, or any language.
· Mother tongue education compulsory.
· Spl. Linguistic office to investigate all the matters.
|Development of Hindi Language||PROMOTION OF Hindi language – Lingua Franca [duty C-s]
At present, eight schedule – 22 languages – Originally 14:
– Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri (Dongri), Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmir, Konkani, Maithali, Malayalam, Maniouri, Marathi, Nepali, Odia, Punjabi Sanskrit, Santhali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
|71st Amendment Act of 1992||Konkani + Manipuri, Nepali|
|92nd CA 2003||Bodo + Dogri, Maithili + Santhali|
|COMMITTEE OF PARLIAMENT ON OFFICIAL LANGUAGE||Official Language Act (1963) – Hindi for official use.
20 LS + 10 RS – setup a committee 1976.
Union minister as chairman – convection
Classical language status
6 language status of + in (2016)
Tamil, Sanskrit, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Odia.
Once declare get financial support.
1500 -2000 year ago- text.
|Classical Languages.||In 20014 – new category – Classical Languages.
2006 Criteria laid down and 6 languages granted status:
1. High antiquity of its early text/recorded history over a period of 1500-2000 years.
2. Body of ancient literature or texts considered valuable heritage by generations of speakers.
3. Literary tradition that is original and not borrowed from another speech community
4. Discontinuity between the classical language and later forms or its offshoots
Get all essential Crux notes by clicking here https://diademy.com/product/staticcrux/