The details of an ongoing scheme launched by the Government of India for the financial empowerment of rural women are as follows:
Initiatives of Department of Financial Services (DFS) under the Ministry of Finance:
- DFS has six schemes namely for financial inclusion and entrepreneurship development of people across the country including that of Rural Women Empowerment :
- Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY),
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY),
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY),
- Atal Pension Yojana (APY),
- Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY) and
- Stand-Up India (SUPI)
Initiatives of Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME):
- Benefits are extended to women under the Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP), which is a major scheme of MSME.
- The scheme facilitates the generation of self-employment opportunities through the establishment of micro-enterprises in the non-farm sector by helping traditional artisans and unemployed youth.
Initiatives of Ministry of Rural Development
- Ministry of Rural Development is implementing two welfare schemes in the field of skill development for rural poor youth under the National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) for gainful employment and to eradicate poverty in the country as follows:
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) is a placement-linked skill development program for wage employment.
- Skill development through Rural Self Employment and Training Institutes (RSETIs) enabling a trainee to take bank credit and start his/her own micro-enterprise.
- Both DDU-GKY and RSETI schemes are applicable to all the categories including women.