|REPRESENTATION OF THE PEOPLE ACT, 1950||Art 81 & 170– In India, maximum number of seats in Parliament and in Legislative Assemblies of states
Article 171– Constitution of India lays down the maximum and minimum number of seats in the Legislative Council of a State, 1/03/1950, was not mentioned, hence Representation of people act 1950, provide
Representation of people act 1950, do not contain all provision for election but only provided allocation & delimitation so act of 1951 enacted.
|REPRESENTATION OF THE PEOPLE ACT, 1951||· Qualifications and disqualifications of MP and MLA
· Notification of general elections, Administrative machinery and Registration of political parties.
· Conduct of elections
· Free supply of certain material to candidates of recognised political parties.
· Disputes regarding elections
|DELIMITATION ACT, 2002||Art 82 to 171– Constitution of India provide for readjustment and the division of each State into territorial constituencies (Parliamentary constituencies and Assembly constituencies) on the basis of the 2001.
Articles 330 and 332– Reallocation & Re – fining the no. of seat for sc/st in house of legislature (by 2001 census).
Before it was according to 1971 census.
|Other Acts Relating to Elections||1. Parliament (Prevention of Disqualification), Act, 1959
2. SC/SCT Orders (Amendment) Act, 1976
3. Government of Union Territories Act, 1963
4. Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi Act, 1991
5. Presidential and Vice-Presidential elections Act, 1952
|RULES RELATING TO ELECTIONS||1. Registration of electors Rules, 1960 provide for the preparation and publication of electoral rolls.
2. Conduct of Elections Rules, 1961 facilitates conduct of fair and free elections to the Parliament and State Legislatures.
3. Prohibition of Simultaneous Membership Rules, 1950.
4. Members of Lok Sabha (Disqualification on Ground of Defection) Rules, 1985.
5. Members of Rajya Sabha (Disqualification on Ground of Defection) Rules, 1985.
6. Presidential and Vice-Presidential Elections Rules, 1974.
|ORDERS RELATING TO ELECTIONS||1. Election Symbols Order, 1968 provides for the specification, reservation, choice and allotment of symbols at elections in parliamentary and assembly constituencies.
2. Registration of Political Parties Order, 1992 provides for furnishing of additional particulars by associations or individual citizens of India.
Get all essential Crux notes by clicking here https://diademy.com/product/staticcrux/