National Commission for SCs
|Constitutional Body||Art 338- appoint special officer for sc & st to const. safeguards for the SCs and STs and to report to the President.|
|In 1978||multi-member Commission|
|89th Constitutional Amendment Act Of 2003||Bifurcated; National Commission for SCs and
National Commission for STs
|National Commission For SCs 2004||Chairperson + a vice-chairperson + 3 other members→ by POI|
|Functions Of The Commission||· To investigate & monitor all matter relating to sc & evaluate them.
· To inquire, all complaint with respects and deprivation of rights and safeguards of the SCs.
· To participate advice – socio-economic development of SCs.
· To present – report of work to POI.
· To recommend- to measure to improve the socio-economic development.
|Reports Of The Commission||Commission report President remote memorandum LS→ action taken or,
Why no action taken by recommendations.
If he seems→Governor→SLA→ action taken or,
Why no action taken by recomm.
|Powers Of The Commission||All the matter investigate (inquire & complaints)
(a)Summoning and enforcing the attendance of any person (from any part) and examining on oath.
(b)requiring the discovery of any product
(c)receiving evidence on affidavits;
(d)Requisitioning any public record from any court.
(e)Any matter POI decides.
· Central government and the state governments should commission for SC major policy.
· Same function for OBC and Anglo Indian & present its report to POI.
Get all essential Crux notes by clicking here https://diademy.com/product/staticcrux/