|Introduction||· 1st Parliamentary Forum was constituted in year 2005 on: Water Conservation and Management.
· Subsequently 7 more forums were constituted.
· At Present, there are 8 parliamentary Forums :-
a. Parliamentary Forum (P.F.) on water cons and Mgmt (2005)
b. PF on Youth (2006);
c. PF on children P.F. on Population and public health (2006);
d. PF on Global Warming and Climate change (2008);
e. P.F. on Disaster Mgmt (2011);
f. PF on Artisans and Crafts -people (2013);
g. P.F. on Millennium Development Goals (2013).
|Objectives of the Forums:||· The Objectives behind the constitution of the Parliamentary Forums are;
1. To Provide a platform to the members to have interactions with the ministers concerned, experts and key officials from the nodal ministries with a view to have a focused and meaningful discussion on critical issues with a result-oriented approach for speeding up the implementation process.
2. To sensitive members key areas of concern and also about the ground level situation and equip them with the latest information, knowledge.
3. To prepare a data base, through collection of knowledge on critical issues through various. So that they can be meaning ion discuss and clarification.
· They do not interfere with the jurisdiction of Departmentally-Related Standing Committees of the Ministry/Dept.
|Composition of the Forum||· Speaker except the Parliamentary Forum on Population and Public Health wherein the Chairman of Rajya Sabha (RS) and VP
· Deputy Chairman of RS + Dy sp. Of LS + Concerned Minister are the Minutes (ex- officio VP)
· P+ VP+ Co- President + 31 members (max)
a) Nominated by the sp/ chairman
b) Co- terminus with their membership in respective house can resign.
c) Appoints a convener who helps him holding and other needs.
|Functions of the Forums – 8||Parliamentary Forum
i. On water Conservation and management:
– Identify problems relating to water and make recommendations for appropriate action.
– Identify ways of involving members of Parliament in conservation.
– Organise seminars and undertake related tasks
ii. On youth
– Focus deliberations on strategies to leverage human capital and youth for accelerating development initiatives.
– Build awareness among public leaders at grassroot levels for youth and encouragement.
– Hold consultations with experts, improve Parliament’s outreach towards sections of youth
iii. On children
– Enhance awareness and attention of Parliamentarians towards critical issues for children.
– Encourage constitutional support with UN and UNICEF
– Undertake any other tasks, projects, assignments – form may deem fit
iv. On Population and Public Health:
– To have focused deliberations on strategies relating to population stabilisation and matters concerned.
– Build greater awareness in all sections of society.
v. On Global Warming and Climate Change
– Identify problems related to global warming and climate change – make suggestions/recommendations for appropriate action
vi. On Disaster Management
– Identify ways of involving members of Parliament and undertake tasks
– Identify problems related to disaster management
vii. On Artisans and Crafts people
– Enhance awareness and attention to critical issues faced by artisans and craftsmen.
– Enable institutional support – KVIC, Coir board, CAPART.
viii. On Millennium Development Goals
– Review enhancement towards targets set under millennium development goals.
Get all essential Crux notes by clicking here https://diademy.com/product/staticcrux/