Context: The India Energy Dashboards Version 2.0 was launched by NITI Aayog.
- India Energy Dashboards (IED) is an endeavour to provide single-window access to the energy data for the country.
- Energy data published/provided by Central Electricity Authority, Coal Controller’s Organisation, and Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas is compiled in the Dashboards.
- API linked data from Saubhagya, UJALA, PRAAPTI, and Vidyut PRAVAH has been incorporated in the portal.
- The Vidyut PRAVAH mobile application provides data pertaining to market price of power from power exchange, value of current all India demand in GW and all India and State shortage including peak hour and total energy shortage. The real time data and comparison with previous day/year data is also available. Data from multiple sources, including the States and Power Exchanges, has been made available through a single portal for convenience of all.
- PRAAPTI stands for Payment Ratification and Analysis in Power Procurement for bringing Transparency in Invoicing of Generators. It is a platform aimed at enhancing transparency and encouraging best practices in Power Purchase transactions.
- UJALA scheme aims to promote efficient use of energy at the residential level; enhance the awareness of consumers about the efficacy of using energy efficient appliances and aggregating demand to reduce the high initial costs thus facilitating higher uptake of LED lights by residential users. Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana – ‘Saubhagya’ a new scheme was launched by the Hon’ble Prime Minister on 25th September, 2017.
- Under Saubhagya free electricity connections to all households (both APL and poor families) in rural areas and poor families in urban areas will be provided. Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) has been designated as nodal agency for the Saubhagya scheme.