Context: The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) is implementing a Central Sector Scheme titled the “Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries (SFURTI)” along with its organizations (Khadi and Village Industries Commission-KVIC and Coir Board), in collaboration with State Governments, their organizations and non-governmental organizations.
Nodal Agencies (NAs)
- The following agencies shall be designated as the Nodal Agencies for the Scheme:
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission – for Khadi and Village Industry clusters
- Coir Board – Coir based clusters
Objectives of Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries
- To organize the traditional industries and artisans into clusters to make them competitive and provide support for their long term sustainability and economy of scale;
- To provide sustained employment for traditional industry artisans and rural entrepreneurs;
- To enhance the marketability of products of such clusters;
- To equip traditional artisans of the associated clusters with the improved skills and capabilities through training and exposure visits;
- To make provision for common facilities and improved tools and equipment for artisans;
- To strengthen the cluster governance systems with the active participation of the stakeholders;
- To identify and understand cluster’s target customers, understand their needs and aspirations and develop and present product lines to meet the requirement.
- To tap the E-Commerce as a major marketing channel given the outreach and the growing market penetration of E-Commerce; etc.