Central Information Commission
|Intro||· RTI Act, 2005 provided for creation of CIC at Centre and State level.
· The Central Information Commission was established by the Central Government in 2005.
· Not a Constitutional boy, Look the Complain + decide
· CIC + max (10) I. Commission by POI recommended by committee (PM+ LOP + Union Cabinet Minister) – from – Laws, science, Management, social services, Journalism
· Should not be – MLA/MP
On Carrying business [65/5 years]
· Removal same as member of BHRC by POI
· Salary & power = CEC = CIC
· IC= EC= but cannot be varied with disadvantage during service.
|Power and function||· Duty of the Commission – receive and inquire into a complaint from any person who:
a. Hasn’t able to submit an information request because of non-appointment of a Public InformationOfficer;
b. Has been refused information that was requested
c. Has not received response to his informationrequest within the specified time limits;
d. Thinks fees charged are unreasonable;
e. Thinks information given is incomplete, misleadingor false; and
f. Any other matter relating to obtaining information.
· Suo Motu order inquiry into any matter if there are reasonable grounds
· Powers of a civil court:
a. summoning and enforcing attendance of persons + compelling them to give oral or written evidence on oath;
b. requiring the discovery and inspection of documents;
c. receiving evidence on affidavit;
d. requisitioning any public record from any court or office;
e. issuing summons for examination of witnesses ordocuments;
· All public records must be given to the Commission during inquiry for examination.
· Power to secure compliance of its decisions from the public authority
· Submits an annual report to the CG on the implementation of the RTI Act.
· Recommend steps which ought to be taken for promoting such conformity.
Get all essential Crux notes by clicking here https://diademy.com/product/staticcrux/